Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Ultra Music Artist Alex Gaudino Tour Dates Including LA, SF, Miami, Chicago & San Diego - Single Out Now

Having found acclaimed European success with 2007 and 2008 smash hits Destination Calabria andWatch Out”, Alex Gaudino has rapidly built up a reputation as "One of the most prolific producers in Italy," or at least those are the words of BBC Radio 1’s Pete Tong. His recent collaboration withThe Black Eyed Peas' Taboo for the high energy new single “I Don’t Wanna Dance” was released June 19, 2012 on Ultra Music. This single is the first in a series of singles that will be released in anticipation of his full-length LP Doctor Love, which is due to be released in the fall. Next up, Alex will be releasing a new club track titled "Do You Wanna" exclusively on Beatport on September 17.

Doctor Love is a fitting title for Alex Gaudino's second full-length album, which he's been working on since 2010. The Italian DJ and producer operates on electronic dance music and infuses flourishes of pop into his patented propulsive style. After unveiling "I'm in Love (I Wanna Do It)," the single skyrocketed to the top of the charts, remaining at number 1 on the Billboard Dance chart for four consecutive weeks in the U.S. Its follow-up, "What a Feeling" (Featuring Kelly Rowland), hit number 6 on the UK single sales chart and dominated radio airwaves everywhere.

However, his 2012 single, "I Don't Wanna Dance" raises the stakes completely. Merging Gaudino's inimitable style with Taboo's infectious vocals and a hook penned by Taio Cruz, it's setting dance floors off globally. 



The album as a whole stands out as a veritable powerhouse, boasting diverse and dynamic collaborations with Jordin Sparks ("Is This Love?"), Mario ("You're Beautiful"), Polina ("Magnificent"), and Jay Sean ("Promise"). "I'm a music lover," enthuses the artist. "I love all aspects of dance music from Chicago house to dubstep. I've always been attracted to the DJ world. It was still underground when I started, but now it's in the same lane as pop. This album is a big evolution from the first one. I've gotten to see the world and play everywhere it opened my mind. It's been magical."

The real magic for Gaudino happens on stage though. With undeniable energy, he brings every crowd into his world during his acclaimed shows. "I try to get people involved in my set," he adds. "I want to dance and sing with them. I put my hands up when they do. I'm trying to make a connection. That's very important to me because people come to festivals or clubs to forget about everything else in their lives. My mission is to help them have a good time." He'll be bringing this energy to major cities across the US, with more TBA.


The video for "I Don't Wanna Dance," which exclusively premiered on Billboard, was filmed in Sao Paolo, Brazil, when Taboo and Alex Gaudino's individual tours happened to cross there. The video, directed by Fred Ouro Preto, is a hybrid of live and studio footage, with true colorful Brazilian energy.

"I met Taboo on a plane," recalls Gaudino with a smile. "We were flying back from Tenerife to Madrid. He was like, 'Let's do something together'. I was into it immediately. Taboo came back with some ideas, and one of them was this track. It's not a proper club track per se. It's got a big pop vibe. There's something more to this, and it's a great introduction to the album."

A special remix package is now available  (Released on August 21, 2012). Tracklisting below.


1. I Don't Wanna Dance
    (Dannic Remix)
2. I Don't Wanna Dance
    (Dannic Instrumental Mix)
3. I Don't Wanna Dance
    (Kastenholt & Dee's Hey Remix)
4. I Don't Wanna Dance
    (Simon de Jano Remix)
5. I Don't Wanna Dance (Bottai Remix)

ALEX GAUDINO TOUR DATES

9/6   San Diego, CA @ Fluxx
9/8   Chicago, IL @ Enclave
9/9   Miami, FL @ SET
9/13 Los Angeles, CA @ Lure
9/15 San Francisco, CA @ Ruby Skye





FOR MORE INFORMATION



No comments: