Fresh off his triumphant solo tour with Tom Morello (a.k.a. The Nightwatchman), Ike Reilly, the leader of Chicago-based band The Ike Reilly Assassination, will be heading out on the road with the rest of his band on a tour leg that will take them out West. Included in this jaunt is a stop at the Austin City Limits Festival in mid-September. Reilly and Company are touring in support of their recently-released album, “We Belong To The Staggering Evening.” The full band tour dates kick off with two shows in Chicago on September 11th, with the earlier show being an all-ages gig. Prior to that, Reilly has a solo festival show in St. Paul, MN. A full listing of tour dates is included below.
Press has been praising Reilly’s latest release:
- “Ike Reilly is probably the best songwriter in America… this new one is just a straight-up killer. Hilarious, unsettling, raw… but mostly just rocking… Awesome record by an awesome songwriter… Not just a best-of-year record, but maybe an all-timer.” – PopMatters.com
- “…rock-legend cocky…packed with insanely catchy, air-punching anthems of American nomadism… [Reilly] gets funnier and prouder the harder life smacks him…” – Blender
- “…one of the most throat-grabbing surprises of the year. …[Reilly is] Philip Marlowe in rock form, his words tumbling out as melodic beat poetry…” – No Depression
- “...an infectious blend of electric blues, acoustic folk and no-frills rock ‘n’ roll. ... Reilly drawls, snarls, and croons through a dozen winning tracks here...” - Harp
- “…[“We Belong To The Staggering Evening”] features some of Reilly’s sharpest and wittiest songs yet. The record gets its title from a line of what may go down as one of the year’s best singles…” – Esquire.com
- “An eloquent wiseguy whose songs evoke Bob Dylan and Paul Westerberg, Mr. Reilly... has the kind of high-energy, hook-heavy folk-rock sound that turns every head in a bar…”-- New York Times
- “…never less than original, this ferociously intelligent artist/band is always worth listening to.” – USA Today.com
The Ike Reilly Assassination is rounded out by Reilly’s long-time bandmates Dave Cottini, drums; Tommy O'Donnell, bass; Phil Karnats, guitar; and Ed Tinley on piano and guitar. The Ike Reilly Assassination can be found online at www.ikereilly.com: www.ikereilly.com and www.myspace.com/ikereilly.
Ike Reilly Assassination Tour Dates:
9/8 St. Paul, MN – Concrete and Grass Lowtown Music Festival (Ike solo)
FULL BAND DATES:
9/11 Chicago, IL - Schuba's (2 shows)
9/13 Ft. Wayne, IN - Foellinger-Freiman Botanical Conservancy
9/15 Austin, TX - Austin City Limits Festival
9/18 Tucson, Arizona - Club Congress
9/20 Los Angeles, CA - Spaceland
9/21 San Francisco, CA - Bottom Of The Hill
9/23 Portland, OR - Dante's
9/24 Seattle, WA - Tractor Tavern
9/27 Denver, CO – Larimer Lounge
… and more dates TBA!