Tuesday, June 3, 2014

The Righteous Young shares music video + Signs to Harvest Records


The Righteous Young is a new musical project helmed by Brooklyn-based artist, Wynter Gordon. The first single, out Tuesday, June 3rd on Harvest Records, is "Everything Burns." Gordon explains, "Everything Burns is an open letter to all the leading men in my life, starting with my Father."
 
Watch: "Everything Burns":

Purchase on iTunes: "Everything Burns":

Wynter Gordon, a LaGuardia High School alum born and raised in Queens, is a phoenix, and The Righteous Young is her resurrection.

The Righteous Young's music is as much a fearless leap into the void as a decision to break free. "I had been running for so long, trying to be strong when I was in pain.  I had to confront my worst enemy when writing this music . Me."

For the first time, Gordon lets her scars show through her new music; she plumbs the depths of the decade she spent in a world-toppling relationship, but also reaches all the way back into her childhood, as the fourth of six children growing up in a house of god-fearing piety. "All the songs I'm writing now are my mind's crazy way of sorting through the f**kery. These songs are meant to be played with live drums, guitar, cello, violin, bass, synths, stomps and hand claps. The songs need to have as much personality as I do."

The Righteous Young is readying an EP with the aid of producer Mike Elizondo (Fiona Apple, Alanis Morrisette, Eminem) to be released this fall.

Wynter has assembled a group of New York-based musicians for the band's live incarnation, and two live dates are set for July in New York and Los Angeles.


Tour Dates:

July 10th - New York, NY @ Glasslands Gallery TICKETS
July 15th - Los Angeles, CA @ Hotel Café TICKETS

No comments: