Thursday, July 26, 2012

ABANDONED POOLS premiere first track in 7 years -- "Sublime Currency" out on Aug 28, 2012 via Tooth & Nail -- title track streaming



Abandoned Pools release their long-awaited third album, Sublime Currency on August 28, 2012 via Tooth & Nail Recordsand today Alternative Press is hosting an EXCLUSIVE PREMIERE STREAM of the title track.

Sublime Currency is the culmination of the eleven-year journey of Tommy Walter, bassist and co-founder of the critically acclaimed band eels.  Sublime Currency is the follow up to Abandoned Pools’ 2005 release Armed to the Teeth, a disc that revealed a songwriter grappling with confusion and darkness.  Now, Tommy has answered his own questions, finding solace in his faith and recent marriage.

Abandoned Pools will play a rare club appearance for their CD release when they headline The Roxy in Hollywood on September 15.

Sublime Currency is a unified, cohesive vision from a single focused musician.  Tommy played all the instruments on the album, with the exception of the drums. 

“I went back to my core of writing on my own and recording on my own because it keeps the project focused,” he explains. “I had a lot of range on the first album and I wanted to keep that going here, this range of styles. The songs come from a long span of time, but I feel like they’re all appropriate to now.”


No comments: