PIONEERING ALTERNATIVE ROCKERS PIXIES RETURN TODAY WITH INDIE CINDY
BAND'S FIRST ALBUM IN OVER TWO DECADES IS AVAILABLE IN A VARIETY OF FORMATS
Check out Pixies' track-by-track YouTube video
Fans have dreamed about it for years, and nowPixies are delivering. Indie Cindy, the band's first full studio album since 1991's Trompe le Monde, is out today in the U.S. Indie Cindy is being released on the band's own label, Pixiesmusic (marketed and distributed worldwide by [PIAS] Recordings). It is available in all physical and digital retailers, and is streaming this week on MSN Music and last.fm
Pixies Track by Track Commentary (audio & video) |Please Post/Share
The 12 cuts on Indie Cindy were produced by Gil Norton, producer of the band's classic Doolittle,Bossanova, and Trompe le Monde albums, and recorded during October 2012 at Rockfield Studios in Wales, UK. The various packages feature a collection of brand new artwork by the legendary graphic artist Vaughan Oliver who created the artwork for all of Pixies' previous releases.
Pixies are making Indie Cindy available in a selection of formats:
* as a standard 12-track single-CD digipak with booklet
* as a two-disc, deluxe gatefold album, pressed on 180-gram vinyl
* as a standard 12-track digital download via iTunes, Amazon, and other online retail sellers
* as an expanded digital download exclusively through iTunes that includes a bonus live-in-concert 13-track set recorded during the band's recently-completed North American tour
* available at , a special deluxe, limited edition (5,000) two-disc set (available as a CD and as a deluxe gatefold album pressed on 180-gram vinyl) that includes the 13-track live disc. This deluxe package also includes a 40-page, hard-back book that features the new artwork produced exclusively for Indie Cindy. The CD limited edition is packaged in a special gold-foil hard slipcase.
While Pixies have been acclaimed as the most influential, pioneering band of the late 80s alt/rock movement, having blazed the trail for artists from Nirvana to Radiohead to Pearl Jam, today, a whole new generation of music fans are discovering their iconic "loudquietloud" signature sound. After five genre-defining studio albums, Pixies disbanded in 1993, and then launched their reunion tour in April 2004, playing to sell-out crowds all over the globe for seven years, a longer period of time than they were a band originally. But writing, recording and releasing new music was something that the band had been wanting to do for a long time, so they secretly booked studio time in Wales for the fall of 2012. Six days into the recording, founding bassist Kim Deal decided to leave the band; Black Francis, Joey Santiago and David Lovering made the decision to carry on, working with a variety of touring bassists, something they'd never done. As the UK's DIY wrote about the new music, "They're back. They're still brilliant. God save the Pixies."
Indie Cindy Track listing:
Track listing for Live In The USA*:
* (with touring bassist Paz Lenchantin)