Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Boy George Releases 'This Is What I Do' Deluxe in North America Today. Announces Additional Tour Date


NORTH AMERICAN TOUR TO COMMENCE IN APRIL
ADDITIONAL WEST COAST DATE ANNOUNCED


NORTH AMERICAN TOUR DATES
04/18 - The Theater of the Living Arts - Philadelphia, PA
04/19 - Royale Nightclub - Boston, MA
04/21 - 9:30 Club - Washington, DC
04/22 - Irving Plaza - New York, NY – SOLD OUT
04/24 - Danforth Music Hall - Toronto, ON
04/26 - House of Blues - Chicago, IL
04/28 - The Fillmore - San Francisco, CA – SOLD OUT
04/29 - The Belasco - Los Angeles, CA – SOLD OUT
04/30 -  Mayan Theater - Los Angeles, CA

Today, legendary artist Boy George released his first studio album in 18 years. ‘This Is What I Do’ DELUXE is now available in the U.S on iTunes (http://smarturl.it/thisiswhatidodigital), Amazon (http://smarturl.it/thisiswhatidocdamz), and in all good record stores across America from today.
 
In support of his highly anticipated full-length, Boy George and his 9-piece band will also be hitting the road next month for a 2-week North American tour. Tickets and more information is available at: www.BoyGeorge.com
 
‘This Is What I Do’ has been critically acclaimed across the board and serves as a strong reminder that Boy George still remains one of the greatest vocalists and songwriters of our time. The album features collaborations with the legendary producer Youth (Siouxsie & the Banchees, Primal Scream, The Orb, U2, Depeche Mode), as well as a string of stellar guest musicians including DJ YodaKitty Durham (Kitty Daisy & Lewis), Ally McErlaine (Texas / Red Sky July), MC Spee (Dreadzone) and Nizar Al Issa.
 
 “I wanted to make a baggy album, not overproduced, and I think I have achieved it. I was listening to things like 'Beast Of Burden' by The Stones, and I had my head most definitely in the 70's... I was also writing from a happy place. This time, no ex-lovers to get revenge on. For me 'Bigger Than War' sums up the tone,” says George of ‘This Is What I Do’.
 
This Is What I Do’ was written by George and longtime writing partners John ThemisKevan Frost and Richie Stevens (Soul II Soul, Tina Turner, Culture Club). Richie Stevens produced the record at London’s Cowshed Studios and was mixed by Dave Bascombe (Tears For Fears, Depeche Mode, Doves).
 
Be sure to catch Boy George and his band next month. The tour will commence on the east coast at Philadelphia’s Theater of the Living Arts, and will make stops in BostonWashingtonDCNew YorkTorontoChicagoSan Francisco and Los Angeles, where he has announced an additional date for April 30th at the Mayan Theater in Los Angeles.
 
 ‘This Is What I Do’ DELUXE is available now in North American on George’s own imprint ‘Very Me’ Records via Kobalt Label Services.
 
GET 'THIS IS WHAT I DO' DELUXE NOW
iTunes

THIS IS WHAT I DO - TRACKLISTING
King Of Everything
Bigger Than War
Live Your Life
My God
It's Easy
Death of Samantha
Any Road
My Star
Love and Danger
Nice and Slow
Play Me
Feel The Vibration
Turn on a Little Light for Me
Make You Feel My Love
Video Games
 

No comments: