Friday, February 21, 2014

BRIGHT LIGHT BRIGHT LIGHT Duets with ELTON JOHN on New Single... EP out April

"A songwriter of extraordinary dexterity" - Sunday Times Culture
“... Sensational... You’ll swear he’s been listening to nothing but the very best of Depeche Mode and Pet Shop Boys." - The Advocate
“a thoroughly enjoyable debut of pop-house euphoria (four stars)” - Q

“an artist-authored pop album from someone who loves the pop you love even more than you do, and who's somehow found a way to bring that passion to life.” - POPJUSTICE

BRIGHT LIGHT BRIGHT LIGHT
Announces I Wish We Were Leaving EP
ELTON JOHN Duets on Title Track




With his latest EP In Your Care marking a new chapter, BRIGHT LIGHT BRIGHT LIGHT’s forthcoming release sees him team up with one of his musical heroes. I WISH WE WERE LEAVING EP is written, produced and mixed by Bright Light Bright Light a.k.a. Rod Thomas and the title track is a duet with ELTON JOHN. UK's The Guardian broke the news and premiered the track this morning and it can be listened to here: http://tinyurl.com/blbl-elton. The single "I Wish We Were Leaving" is available today on iTunes at http://smarturl.it/blbeltonj and the EP will be available digitally onApril 7, 2014 via Self Raising Records.
The song "is about accepting your relationship with someone you care about – friends or lovers," says Rod. "Sometimes you end up wishing for more from than they're able to give – so it's better to be honest about what your actual relationship is and enjoy it for what it is."
Collaborating with Elton was borne out of a timely phone call. "When I was producing the song on a very dramatic rainy day, I had a phone call from Elton saying he liked my first album, which blew my mind," he recalls. "From then, I kept hearing his voice on the track. In time, I played him [the song] 'I Wish We Were Leaving' and he added his vocals. Although it wasn't written as a duet, I love that his voice taking lead in the second verse is a reminder that every relationship has two sides and two voices."

"Working with Bright Light Bright Light was a challenge for me as I love Electronica but am quite ignorant on the recording process," commented Elton. "I had to sing in a completely different way which I really enjoyed. The song spoke to me as soon as I first heard it, and I think that the combination of our voices is ethereal and beautiful... as is the song."
In other news, Bright Light Bright Light's cover of Pet Shop Boys' "West End Girls" with Scissor SisterAna Matronic has been endorsed by the Pet Shop Boys themselves who tweeted the track. He has also recently remixed the new Erasure single "Make It Wonderful."
Bright Light Bright Light’s debut album Make Me Believe In Hope garnered critical acclaim on its release in 2012. His new, as yet untitled, album is set for release this summer.

# # #

Debut album Make Me Believe In Hope an album of the year:
#4 Guardian Readers' Poll, #6 Idolator, #19 MusicOMH, #24 Gigwise
#26 Guardian Critics' List, 
Q
 **** This Is Fake DIY ****
"A songwriter of extraordinary dexterity" - Sunday Times Culture
"A spectacular, very special album" - Popjustice
"Imaginative and grown up ... positively ecstatic" - Q


No comments: