Monday, September 17, 2012

Wye Oak's "My Neighbor / My Creator" EP to be released on limited-edition LP in November



Stream My Neighbor / My Creator in its entirety now at BrooklynVegan

In between their acclaimed dark triumph The Knot and shortly before the release of their critically heralded third album Civilian, Wye Oak released My Neighbor / My Creator, a vibrant EP that brims with melody and creative detours. This EP marked the first time Jenn and Andy collaborated with outside producers.

Featuring four songs exclusive to this EP as well as a remix by producer and future Flock of Dimes collaborator Mickey Free, the songs feel loose and direct, from the tumbling opener “My Neighbor” to the propulsive “Emmylou.” “My Creator” and “I Hope You Die” begin like ballads but soon reveal unexpected layers of saxophone and percussion over Wasner’s cascading vocals. Chris and Mickey Freeland, brothers with ties to everything from Oxes’ math-rock explorations to Baltimore’s indie hip hop scene, helmed the recordings in their own Beat Babies studio, and they brought new textures to Wye Oak’s ever-expanding sound.

Originally released on limited-edition CD in March of 2010 and, due to popular demand, reprinted with alternate cover art in January of 2011, the limited-edition My Neighbor / My Creator 12-inch vinyl EP, cut at 45 RPM, will be released with the original red-tinted cover art and include a digital download.

Wye Oak on tour:
Sep 14 Bloomington, IN The Bishop
Sep 15 Chicago, IL Hideout Festival
Sep 17 Toronto, ON Horseshoe Tavern
Sep 18 Rochester, NY Bug Jar
Sep 19 Boston, MA Brighton Music Hall
Sep 20 Brooklyn, NY Music Hall of Williamsburg
Sep 21 Hoboken, NJ Maxwell's
Sep 22 Philadelphia, PA Union Transfer

No comments: