Features Sultan’s own original tracks, remixes and mashups from artists including Joe T Vanelli, Valentino, Narcotic Thrust, G-Pal and 16 bit lolitas.
CD Release Date: September 25 2007
“This compilation is a depiction of the DJ and producer in me as well as a reflection of the impact that Yoshitoshi has made on the Dance scene, Montreal and myself over the years. It encompasses a colorful array of moods and styles starting with melodic and housey, moving into electro and progressive and ending with down tempo.” – Sultan, July 2007
Montreal, Canada has a reputation for being one of the world’s infamous party capitals. The cities French infused scene is driven by a large population of young people that enjoy partying hard until the wee hours of the morning on any given night. Vital to the development of Montreal’s modern clubbing scene is DJ / Producer Sultan.
Since bursting out of the Montreal scene in 2000, Sultan has gone on to be a huge presence both locally and internationally. His tracks have appeared on countless numbers of top-quality compilations and he’s forged a wonderful relationship with Deep Dish and their famed Yoshitoshi Recordings. This relationship breeds Sultan’s first ever solo compilation in tribute to the city that he holds dear to heart. Featuring Sultan’s own original productions, remixes and mashups of tracks from other respected artists, Yoshitoshi Montreal is both the perfect representation of Sultan’s skills and the Montreal vibe.
More than any of the other recently released Yoshitoshi mix compilations Yoshitoshi Montreal perfectly showcases the DJ as an artist. Sultan’s mixing capabilities are off the chart and he’s added much of his very own flavor to the programming. Appearing on the compilation is Sultan & Ned Shepard exclusive original production “Aidan” which has been heavily supported by the likes of Paul Van Dyk, Deep Dish and Hernan Cattaneo, The track sits along side Sultan’s remixes of his own Shinichi classic “No Why” and G-Pal's “No Other Man” and two new unreleased Sultan mashups of Valentino’s “Flying” with Narcotic Thrust’s “Waiting For You” and Joe T Vanelli's Epic “Prelude.” Other tracks touched by Sultan include his beat rework of 16 bit lolitas hit “Passing Lights” and Ned Shepard’s brand new remix of Sultan's classic “Night Visions.” Rounding out this great mix are previously unreleased tunes from Yoshitoshi newcomers Lee Wharton & Jay Lloyd, Spanish superstars Spider & Legaz and Sam Perez and Brusca.
Preceded by Behrouz and Miss Nine’s separate installments of Yoshitoshi Ibiza and Cedric Gervais’ Yoshitoshi Miami, Yoshitoshi Montreal is the latest volume in a popular CD series to come from legendary dance music label Yoshitoshi Recordings. Throughout the years Yoshitoshi and its sister imprints have released numerous worldwide hits and is responsible for jumpstarting the careers of many heavy hitters in the dance music industry.
Yoshitoshi Montreal is released September 25 on Yoshitoshi Recordings.
1. Sultan feat. Zara – “No Why (Sultan & Ned Shepard Rhodes Trip Intro)”
2. Sultan & Ned Shepard – “Aidan (Dub)”
3. Wharton & Lloyd – “Synphony”
4. Narcotic Thrust – “Waiting For You (Steve Mac Classic)”
Valentino – “Flying”
5. Common Grounds – “To Be Given (Max Graham Club Mix)”
6. G-Pal presents GHOS – “No Other Man (Sultan vs The Greek Switch Bass 07 Dub)”
7. Sultan & Ned Shepard – “Together We Rise”
Sultan & Ned Shepard feat. Stereomovers – “Connected (Accapella)”
8. 16 Bit Lolita’s – “Passing Lights (Sultan Chunky Beat Edit)”
9. DYAD10 feat. Julie Dennis– “Sugar (Whelan & Di Scala Remix)”
10. Spider & Legaz – “Look Around (S&L Vocal Mix)”
11. Joe T Vannelli – “Prelude (Original Mix/Scalambrin & Sicily Remix (Island Style)”
12. Suite 117 – “Smaller (Callea & Rispoli Club Mix)”
13. Brusca & Sam Perez – “Sand in My Shoes”
14. Sultan feat. Stephanie Vezina – “Night Visions (Ned Shepard DT Remix)”
- Sultan has released 7 EPs on Shinichi and Yoshitoshi as well remixes of the classic Valentino – “Flying” and is the man behind the smash hit official Mashup of Dire Straits vs Deep Dish – “Flashing for Money”
- Sultan is one of the biggest DJs to hail from Montreal representing the Canadian scene.
- Sultan is one of the key people responsible for putting the Canadian scene on the map. His songs appear on globally released compilations from DJs including Deep Dish, Armin Van Buuren, Tiesto, Hernan Cattaneo, Dave Seaman amongst many others.
- Sultan has a residency at Stereo in Montreal.
- Sultan currently hosts his own radio show “Connected Live” on DI.FM
- Sultan is producing and co-writing Nadia Ali’s (Vocalist for iio) upcoming album as well as playing guitars for her live shows worldwide.
- Sultan will be kicking of his Yoshitoshi tour in Asia continuing on to Canada, North America, South America and Australia for the remainder of 2007.
August 1 – Bonbon – Shanghai, China
August 4 – The Spot – Seoul, South Korea
August 9 – F Lounge – Bali, Indonesia
August 10 – Vertigo Club – Jakarta, Indonesia
August 11 – Ministry of Sound – Singapore
August 18 – Club Vertigo – San Jose, Costa Rica
August 24 – Bora Bora, – Sousse, Tunisia
August 26 – Summer Club Colosseum – Skopje, Macedonia
Sept 2 – Stereo – Montreal, Canada
Sept 6 – Club Prana – Amman, Jordan
Sept 7 – Babylon Show – Riga, Latvia
Sept 21 – Confraria das Artes – Florianopolis, Brazil
Sept 22 – Cool Mag Party – Sao Paulo, Brazil
Sept 23 – South America Tour
For more information on Sultan visit: