Monday, July 29, 2013
Clean Water Music Fest
Flagship Romance, a rising folk duo based out of Jacksonville Beach, FL, is determined to make the second annual Clean Water Music Fest an even bigger success than its inaugural year. The duo, comprised of Jordyn Jackson and Shawn Fisher, organized this event in order to raise funds for and awareness about the worldwide water crisis. All of the proceeds from the Clean Water Music Fest go directly to the charity: water organization. With the help of the Fest's title sponsor, VENUS Swimwear, and numerous local businesses, musicians, and individuals, the inaugural Clean Water Music Fest raised close to $12,000. This went on to provide two entire communities in Malawi with clean water and basic sanitation for the next 20 years.
This year's event will take place at the renowned Ponte Vedra Concert Hall on Saturday, August 10th, 2013, from 1pm to 11pm. Some recent additions to this year's festivities include a farmer's market, and a local food truck court featuring Mother Fletcher's, Corner Taco, The Hyppo Popsicles, On The Fly, and the debut of The Swedish Bistro, who will all be giving a portion of their sales to the cause.
Returning this year will be the impressive silent auction and raffle, filled to the brim with the best items + services that local businesses have to offer. The Clean Water Music Fest also features a full day of music entertainment, with local acts SUNBEARS!, organizers Flagship Romance, The Dog Apollo, Chico Lobos Band, The Rubies, Sam Pacetti, Four Families, Oscar Mike, Dalton Cyr, and Northe. charity: water a non-profit organization bringing clean, safe drinking water to people in developing countries. 100% of all public donations directly fund water projects, and they prove every dollar using photos and GPS coordinates on a map.
Here are some of the important bullet points about the Fest:
- 2nd Annual Clean Water Music Fest
- Saturday, August 10th
- Ponte Vedra Concert Hall
- 100% of the proceeds from this event go directly to building fresh-water wells in developing countries without access to safe, clean drinking water, via charity: water
- All day line-up of incredible local music: SUNBEARS!, Flagship Romance, The Dog Apollo, Chico Lobos Band, The Rubies, Sam Pacetti, Four Families, Oscar Mike, Dalton Cyr, and Northe
- COME HUNGRY! Food truck court, including: Mother Fletcher's, On The Fly, Corner Taco, The Swedish Bistro, and The Hyppo Popsicles
- Farmer's Market, including a variety of unique vendors
- The best silent auction + raffle you'll ever see, which includes donations from over 180 local businesses.
- For more info on Clean Water Music Fest, visit: www.CleanWaterMusicFest.com
- For more info on the charity: water organization, visit: www.charitywater.org
- Most important one: To get your free ticket, make a donation at the following link: http://mycharitywater.org/CleanWaterMusicFest2
Posted: 7/29/2013 06:06:00 PM